07 April 2016

Dear Etsy...

Dear Etsy,

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JBSerendipityHello darling it is I, JB Serendipity by www.pinchofjinger.com. We've just been introduced, but I've known about you for a very long time. 

You are very very pretty. I look at your artists, your instagram... I follow you. It is really almost weird. If you were a person there may be a protective order involved, but you are not so I am free to wander your pages and stalk your content. So I was thinking...

Let's make this a little less casual, and go for an official relationship. I like to make things with my hands, and you love people who are good with their hands. I'm a crafty kind of girl, and you have a special way of making people like me sexy. But Etsy, oh etsy...

I'm worried this relationship won't go anywhere. That my new found excitement for figuring out all of your bells and whistles will fizzle into an abyss of pinterest fails and mediocrity. So I'm going to invest in this blossoming love. I'm going to add a page to my blog just for you, JB Serendipity - An Etsy Shop, and I am going to read the Etsy Seller Handbook. I'm going to commit to learning about your nuances. I'll ask those who've known you for a long time, to help me make this work for both of us. I will respect your opinion, and I will honor your vision. Yes, I will be a good little seller.

What I need from you in return is honesty, and well... money. I need money. I'm going to sell my stuff on your pages. I'm going to advertise and market and invest and research... I'm going to take you, me, our relationship seriously.

So, dear dear Etsy. Here's to us! Can't wait to see where tomorrow leads.


XO XO & Stuff,

Jinger

ps for the rest of my readers - check out the shop (please) - and check back for updates on the trials and triumphs of my letting my creativity run wild for money. ((pretty sure that is illegal in some states))

1 comment:

  1. This is really a good experience you had which will last forever and have a great impact on you too. Good to see your work

    ReplyDelete